Optimize Internal Recruitment with This Checklist
“When it comes to recruiting new employees, many organizations turn to outside sources such as job boards, recruiters, and agencies.
Whether you’re looking to hire your first employee or your hundredth, finding the best talent is essential to the success of your business. And while it’s always important to cast a wide net, sometimes the best candidates are already working for you. It’s often possible to find the perfect candidate for a position from within your own organization. Internal recruitment can be a more cost effective and time efficient way to fill open positions, but it’s important to make sure you’re doing everything you can to optimize the process. So how do you go about optimizing internal recruitment?
A checklist can help ensure that you’re covering all of the essentials. In this post, we’ll outline some of the key items on your internal recruitment checklist. We’ll also discuss some tips for making the most of your recruiting efforts. Let’s get started!”
- Determine the requirements for each position.
- Provide useful and specific details about open roles.
- When writing the job description, make sure it is clear, so there will be no surprises after the employee changed their position.
- Send out a ‘News’ email announcing the job opening.
- Maintain an up-to-date Jobs/Careers area on your intranet.
- If you don’t have an intranet, post the position on your company’s website.
- The employment posting should be posted on your company’s bulletin board. Make the ad stand out.
- Make it clear to employees who they should contact if they wish to apply for the position.
- Review work samples and assignments.
- Keep candidates in the loop.
- Be careful with bias when your recruiting knows candidates.
- Focus on objective data about the candidates.
- Take into consideration how much the person’s career will evolve with this new position.