Identifying skill gaps and delivering reskilling solutions at scale
What was the client trying to solve?
Having gained a detailed insight into the client’s development strategy, the experts at Yaksha devised a two-step scalable upskilling plan that could be delivered remotely.
A coding assessment platform with an extensive programming test library, replete with 100000+ tech-based question across 300 skills was offered to enable impactful assessments.
- The user-friendly interface helped the managers set up assessments for the workforce across varying job roles instantaneously.
- The diversity of questions helped the client gauge the employees’ technical concepts in every dimension, including future thinking.
The score-based reports determined the ideal course to be taken by each employee.
- A gap in performance and the need to upskill was measured. This critical exercise ensured that the current competencies of the tech workforce were broken down at a team, job-role, and individual level and then matched to the company’s future goals – this forward-looking approach intended to help employees acquire the right skills to reach their full potential.
Simulating a case study:
Having undergone a training program recommended by the entry assessments, the employees were put through a business simulation. The simulations were decided upon along with the client in order to ensure that it matched their business use cases and requirements. This would require the employees to solve a simulation and migrate the working solution as a project on to cloud.
- The auto-graded simulator instantaneously evaluated employees on several parameters, such as code correctness, difficulty level, time and space complexities and other vital parameters.
- The accurate test reports offered in-depth analytics of code and programming standards, enabling the decision-makers to predict the employees’ real-life skills at scale.
- A thorough evaluation of the coding potential was free from bias and backed the managers’ decisions with optimum reliability and validity of coders’ actual potential.
A strategic approach to assessing and bridging the gaps in the employees’ current skills ensured personal and professional growth while fully optimizing the upskilling and development process. A combination of MCQ-based and simulator coding assessments measured the existing skill competencies and the detailed reports offered deep insights into the employees’ strengths, weaknesses and development areas, aiding in a lucid reskilling program.
- The client could reskill 1500+ employees remotely, using efficiently designed coding assessments.
- The accurate report scores allowed client to identify precise reskilling needs and recommend courses to all employees
- This highly accelerated reskilling program the client set them on a path of rapid digital transformation.
The way forward
As the client’s enterprise partner in evaluations, Yaksha continues to offer assessments to measure employee skills on various parameters.
With Yaksha’s deep insights on the employee skillsets based on these extensive assessments, the client continues to measure the competency level of their employees and accordingly grant appraisals and determine their deployment into projects.
"Yaksha helped our resources gain more knowledge, skills and learn about new developments that are related to the job role. The recorded sessions, guides and videos were very helpful for the assessments. It would be great if we could have subtitles/captions enabled to benefit our global resources."
- Patricia Carbonell
Talent Acquisation Partner, IBM
Yaksha Assessment Platform can help your organisation build customised assessments to enable you to hire, upskill, and engage employees across different technologies. With us you can create assessments in 70+ programming languages and skills. Our bank of 3 lakh+ multiple choice questions can help you assess deeply for a range of tech roles. Whether it is campus hiring you’re looking for or competency matrix, we have got you covered. We are your best bet for a tech assessment solution – simple, fair and efficient.