Competency Framework Mapped Using Skills Assessments
The client is a Fortune 500 global firm providing IT services and consulting with headquarters in Virginia, USA. They work with a range of industries, right from banking and retail to insurance and hospitality to provide solutions in analytics, engineering, cloud, applications, and consulting. The client needed to conduct competency mapping of their employees to determine appraisals for their employees while also streamlining their deployment into projects and roped in Yaksha for the same.
What was the client trying to solve?
The client wanted to chart the growth plans of candidates and existing employees by measuring their skills, personality and abilities. An in-depth analysis of their hidden skills, strengths and weaknesses could be leveraged by the companies’ L&D department to integrate a signature training approach. It meant the company would work on candidates’ skills and traits specific to technical professions to maximize their chances of success.
After extensive discussions and thoroughly understanding their requirements, we proposed combining application and knowledge-based assessments for successful appraisals and future hiring. We offered an array of technical questions that encompassed a multitude of programming languages, frameworks, technologies to evaluate the skills. This extensive library stacked with 100000+ technical questions across various job-roles enabled the client to devise assessments that could gauge their employees’ technical expertise and future thinking. This was then backed by our state-of-the-art proctoring AI to conduct secure coding tests. Additionally:
- A user-friendly nature of the application helped the managers set up the exams using multiple question types instantaneously.
- Regardless of the proficiency of the employee, the variety and complexity of questions, and the coverage of topics and skills, offered the client an accurate picture of the employees’ comprehensive fit, which would then be used as inputs for appraisals.
- Using an integrated development environemnt to gain a well-rounded overview of their hands-on experience and the agility to run complex projects or traditional codes.
- A thorough evaluation of coding potential was free from bias and backed the manager’s decision
It was a transparent, fair and timesaving package that addressed concerns.
Following are the highlights of how Yaksha was able to leverage its platform and provide powerful solutions to suit the client’s requirements:
- Assessments built on 10k+ technologies
- Customised assessments for skill competency mapping
- Data-driven decision-making for fair appraisals and project deployments
- Deep insights on employee skillsets
- Organisation competency framework built with quick turnaround time
The way forward
As the client’s enterprise partner in evaluations, Yaksha continues to offer assessments to measure employee skills on various parameters.
With Yaksha’s deep insights on the employee skillsets based on these extensive assessments, the client continues to measure the competency level of their employees and accordingly grant appraisals and determine their deployment into projects.
" We used Yaksha’s assessments to build a company-wide competency matrix. This helped us evaluate our employees’ skills objectively and allowed for fair appraisals. The impact of these assessments and how they have transformed our appraisal cycles. "
- HR Manager
Yaksha Assessment Platform can help your organisation build customised assessments to enable you to hire, upskill, and engage employees across different technologies. With us you can create assessments in 70+ programming languages and skills. Our bank of 3 lakh+ multiple choice questions can help you assess deeply for a range of tech roles. Whether it is campus hiring you’re looking for or competency matrix, we have got you covered. We are your best bet for a tech assessment solution – simple, fair and efficient.