1. Hold online recruitment campaigns
The use of recruitment events increases the talent pipeline, raises brand awareness, and establishes connections with potential candidates. IT companies are moving traditional recruitment events to virtual settings to keep these advantages.
Here are top 5 ideas for virtual hiring events you can use in your hiring plan.
- Expanding the talent pool is a breeze with the help of an online job fair. Candidates can learn more about your organisation during the job fair, and remote recruiters can evaluate resumes and perform screening interviews right there and then.
- Online info sessions are intended to educate prospective employees about the nuances of a profession and the industry in which your company operates. You can invite top-tier software developers of all skill levels, executives from your firm, HR professionals, and IT recruiters.
- Remote workshops rank among the most popular online hiring occasions. To help enthusiastic Tech talent secure a job in your organisation, you can give talks on resume writing or skill-building activities.
- Online hackathons can be an excellent resource for finding top-notch programmers for your remote team. These contests can help candidates exhibit their specialised knowledge and abilities.
- A virtual office tour is a fantastic way to showcase your business from the inside out (if you have a hybrid work format). In addition to providing a positive first impression of a typical workday, it also shows how your company’s corporate culture is put into practice.
2. Launch an initiative to promote your company as an employer
Let’s assume, you want to grow your information technology company by setting up a remote development team in a different country. In that case, you will need to establish a solid reputation as an employer. When entering new markets, businesses may sometimes confront challenges that make recruitment time-consuming. Therefore, to minimise any difficulties in the recruitment process, you should make sure to run an employer branding campaign.
3. Invest in technology that facilitates online recruiting
The ideas discussed above will only be successful if you leverage the necessary virtual recruiting tools. While transitioning to remote hiring, it is crucial to identify a set of technologies that can improve your recruiters’ performance and the results of virtual hiring.
4. Create a program for virtual onboarding
Developing a virtual onboarding program is another tip for virtual recruitment. While if this process is complicated in person, moving it online only makes things more difficult. You can start by creating a customised virtual space where new hires can access information, business policies, training, etc.
Additionally, it would be best to develop policies to facilitate new hire authorisation for company email, HR software, and timesheet and project monitoring tools. Also, you can leverage online portals for new hire onboarding to keep them informed of any updates. The initial few days will require a lot of handholding for the new hires. To help the company’s virtual team manage that, communicate frequently and choose a supervisor who can explain the daily schedule.
The Final Word
For many businesses, notably IT and tech, the current reality of widespread remote employment is becoming the new normal. Regarding remote recruiting, things are sometimes complicated. Underperforming tools and software, collaboration and communication challenges, poor network connectivity, stringent security and compliance, and sluggish and old equipment can become a barrier for remote employees. Despite the technical nature of these issues, HR professionals may play a critical part in ensuring a successful remote tech hiring process.
It’s safe to say that remote recruiting is here to stay. Access, speed, and convenience may significantly improve a candidate’s interview experience while also assisting managers in making better, more informed recruiting decisions. Leverage these four tips to locate to locate and employ the greatest and brightest individuals, remote recruitment.